WHAT IS CBD OIL?
CBD oil (Cannabidiol) is a non-addictive and non-intoxicating concentrated liquid extracted from the marijuana plant, called Cannabis Sativa. The chemicals of CBD oil, also known as cannabinoids, have shown to contain therapeutic properties. CBD oil works by stimulating the body’s natural endocannabinoid system which is responsible for maintaining the body’s stability and state of optimal homeostasis.
CBD (Cannabidiol) is gaining popularity as a treatment option for numerous health conditions and symptoms due to its therapeutic benefits like:
- Anti-anxiety: CBD oil has a calming effect by regulating the blood flow in the body.
- Anti-inflammatory: Researchers found noticeable reduced inflammation effects which can help in relieving various conditions like arthritis.
- Antioxidant: According to some studies, CBD oil can protect neurons in the body’s nervous system making it a potential good supportive treatment option for some diseases.
- Analgesia: CBD oil can help reduce pain by stimulating the body’s natural endocannabinoid system which can help change how the body experiences pain.
- Antispasmodic/Muscle-relaxant: CBD oil can be a positive natural alternative muscle-relaxant for symptoms like back and neck pain, muscle spasms, inflammation and more.
CBD oil also promotes better sleep, helps suppress inflammatory pain, manage side effects caused by cancer treatments, relieves migraine headaches among other conditions.
While CBD does not cause significant health risks for users and has rare withdrawal symptoms, side effects are possible like nausea and irritability. Be sure to consult your doctor if you experience unusual symptoms while using medical cannabis.
It is advised to contact a healthcare practitioner to learn more about the benefits of CBD oil and if it will help with your specific condition.